This team is for triathletes aged 11-15 who are interested in racing at a competitive level in coach-selected events within the region. Team POW! practices once a week April through mid-June, and twice a week from mid-June through August.
Membership to Team POW! must be approved by the head coach. Triathletes on Team POW! should commit to participate in at least two team designated races and the USA Triathlon Youth National Championship.
- Previous triathlon experience is recommended.
- Active member of a year-round or Summer swim team.
- Appropriate swim attire (one-piece for girls, jammers for boys) including a swim cap and goggles.
- Road bike with drop style handlebars (no aero bars).
- Cycling-specific helmet with a working chin strap (no aero helmets).
- Bike flat repair kit that includes spare tubes and CO2 cartridges.
- Running-specific shoes.
- Team POW! uniform *
- USA Triathlon membership *
☞ Triathletes new to the team will receive a Triathlete Starter Kit which includes elastic speed laces, Boom! Pow! Kids Tri branded water bottle, race belt, transition towel, road identification band and team sticker.
- Toe cages or clip-in style bike pedals
- Bike computer
- Bike trainer
- Wetsuit (optional)
- Team POW! membership for both new and returning triathletes is $425.
- *USA Triathlon membership valid through at least August 31, 2018. An annual (12-month) USAT youth (under 18) membership is now only $10 and can be purchased separately.
- Race registration fees and travel costs are not included and are the responsibility of the parent/guardian.
- *Team POW! uniforms start at approximately $135.
Email coach Kim at kim[at]boompowkidstri[dot]com