Team BOOM! is for new or recreational triathletes aged 7-15. Team BOOM! practices once a week, March through September. Team members can choose to participate in the fall, off-season team that will practice once a week, September through December. Members of Team BOOM! should commit to participate in at least one team designated race.
UPDATE: Team Boom!'s season is over. The off-season team is at capacity. We will start up again in the Spring. Be sure to subscribe to the Boom! Pow! Kids Tribe Newsletter (in the footer) for all the deets.
Practice Schedule and Locations
Practices will be held on Sunday evenings September through December from 4PM-5:15PM. Practice locations will disclosed during our team meeting on September 9, 2018.
- Prior experience with triathlon is not necessary. However, children interested in Team BOOM! should be able to: swim 50 yards without hanging on the wall or touching the bottom of the pool, confidently ride a bike without training wheels, and run for 10 minutes continuously. This is NOT a learn-to-swim or learn-to-ride program.
- Appropriate swim apparel (one-piece for girls, jammers for boys) including a swim cap and goggles.
- Team BOOM! triathletes may use any style bike and must have a bicycle-style helmet with a working chin strap.
- Running specific shoes.
- USA Triathlon membership valid through at least December 31, 2018. An annual (12-month) USAT youth (under 18) membership is now only $10 and can be purchased separately.
- Race registration fees and travel costs are not included and are the responsibility of the parent/guardian.
* Triathletes new to the team will receive a Triathlete Starter Kit which includes elastic speed laces, Boom! Pow! Kids Tri branded water bottle, race belt, transition towel, road identification band, and team sticker.
Pricing + Fees
- Team BOOM! membership for both new and returning triathletes is $280.
- Team uniforms start at approximately $135. (optional)
Email Coach Kim at kim [at] boompowkidstriclub [dot] com